Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Service-a-Day Project

My post for today is about helping those around us. Today I got to spend time with my wonderful mother. She is a very giving, caring person, who will NEVER ask for anything. She is also a Certified Public Accountant, and, more to the point, my accountant. In lieu of faxing our tax info to her, I decided to drive it down (it's about an hour away) and say hello. I am so glad I did! I found her in need of a personal assistant for the day, and was happy to oblige.

With that introduction, I want to tell you about a new thing I've been doing. I have a goal to consciously perform one act of service every day. So far, I have visited neighbors who are alone, made lots of dinners, placed phone calls, and spent extra time with family members who need it. I have to say, it has been very rewarding. I keep a brief summary of every day's activity in a planner, just to keep myself accountable. It has helped me with my goal to be calmer.

Anyway, if anyone wants to take the challenge, I hope you will post some of your experiences. I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. oh that sounds like a great idea, I have been trying to do that too!! Wish we could do some together!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete