Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fifteen Years

It's my anniversary!  Today I have been married for 15 years.  I love my husband--he is fun and unexpected.  When we were first married he wrote me many poems that I rediscovered a few days ago.  

I laughed my head off. 

Lest you think I am being unkind, let me state that his poetry has a quirky factor of 420%.  In my high school year book, he penned a verse surrounding sushi.  Sushi.  In my high school yearbook.  

Uh huh. 

So to commemorate this amazing milestone, I crafted this:


I am not sure what he will think about this coming from me.  I am the sappy, sentimental romantic who has, at specific points in my life, heard violins playing in the soundtrack of my mind.  It's kind of fun to let the snarky lady out once in a while.  She's funny.

I also got him this REAL present.  My husband is a travel fanatic--he loves to go new places and see new things.  Despite the fact that he has left me at HOME for the last few years while he is off exploring amazing new places--Dubai, Madrid, Paris, London, Beijing, etc. (yes, there is an et cetera, even.  Jerk.)--I love that he gets these experiences.  They are always for work or school, by the way.  He always says that the only thing lacking to make the traveling perfect is me.  :)  And what's even more amazing?  HE MEANS IT.  

I am married to the best man ever.  

Oh, so the gift:  a scratch map.


Now he can visually document all of the places he has been around the world.  I think he will LOVE it!!

Which is perfect.  Because I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment